“In your status, list 10 books that stayed with you in some way. Don’t think too hard. They don’t have to be the “right” books or great books of literature, just ones that affected you in some way. Tag 10 friends including me so I can see your list."
I don't count very well, apparently. And every time I add one, I feel like I'm missing another. But hey....
* yes, we all know what goes here....
1. All the Sharon Kay Penman, but especially The Sunne in Splendor
2. Rosemary Sutcliff - The Roman Britain books
3. Noel Perrin - everything
4. The Mabinogian
5. Thomas Costain- the 5 books about The Plantagenets
6. The Dark is Rising - Susan Cooper
7. Jim Fitzpatrick - The Book of Conquests and The Erinsaga
8. Julian May - The Many Colored Land series, except for the last book.
9. Dandelion Wine. All the Bradburys, but this, this, this
10. Kingdoms of Elfin - Sylvia Townsend Warner
11. Hokkaido Highway Blues - Will Ferguson
12. The manga Twin Spica left me a sobbing, uplifted mess
13. Thomas Burnett Swann. everything
14. The Holmes canon
15. Flowers for Algernon
and the entire Ballantine Adult Fantasy series, except for the James Branch Caball's, which I never got into (but probably should try again someday, as it is possible the reason I didn't like was that they were my ex's favorites)